Re: GNOME2 again (Re: Debian Weekly News - September 17th, 2002)

<quote who="Gustavo Noronha Silva">

> Yes, and here we are... some months after Woody's release still discussing
> if we should work on sarge or not... yes, let's delay the release a bit...
> there's no problem in doing so...
>
> Isn't it time we decide which GNOME we want to get released with sarge and
> start working on it? Are we doing any good to our users by delaying the
> development? Do we really understand what we are doing, what unstable's
> for, etc?

I wasn't under the impression that these were the issues holding anyone
back. I haven't heard from anyone who thinks that Debian should ship the
GNOME 1.x desktop with sarge.

The problems here are the "hows" not the "whats" or "whys".

- Jeff

--
      "Are you XFire's crazy girlfriend? And if so, shine on you crazy
                          diamond!" - Paul Cameron