Re: MS fonts make an illustrious return

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 10:56, Andrew Sione Taumoefolau wrote:
> This was killing me up until a couple of days ago, when I remembered the
> mechanism Gnome2 apps use to get their fonts all nice and anti-aliased.
> Check /etc/X11/XftConfig, and make sure
>
>     dir "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"

Hi,

I had this problem too & solved thanks to the post on this list!

Now I'd like to know, how fonts are properly configured in Debian :)
It's really confusing - I thought the "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/*" was the one
and only official font directory-root to put in XF86Config-4, or the
fontserver config.

Then, today I found out that there is also: /usr/share/fonts/*,
/var/lib/defoma/* with various font directories. Do I have to add these
to the x11 font path too? I thought they are linked back in the
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/*/ directories, so I dont have to care about them.

Does someone here know how to handle fonts in debian properly?

best wishes,
domi.

--
Dominik 'Aeneas' Schnitzer <dominik@schnitzer.at>