Re: GNOME 1 ABI involving libpng

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 03:38:51AM +0900, Akira TAGOH wrote:
> That make sense now. I had made a mistake. may I do that?
>
> Regards,
> --
> Akira TAGOH  : tagoh@gnome.gr.jp  / Japan GNOME Users Group
> at@gclab.org : tagoh@gnome-db.org / GNOME-DB Project
>              : tagoh@redhat.com   / Red Hat, Inc.
>              : tagoh@debian.org   / Debian Project

Yes, by all means. Reading the Gaim changelog shows that everyone is
liable to doing that. =)

However, you now have an easy route to rectify the error and allow Gtk2
programs to propogate into testing once more, and also to smooth
upgrades from woody to sarge when it releases. I would hope that you
would consider naming libgtk2.0-0png3 back to libgtk2.0-0 and adding a
libgtk2.0-0png3 stub package to support the transition with no breakage
(provides: will not work for versioned depends:).

Regards,
Rob