imlib+png2 packages and graphics -dev libs depends/conflicts

[Cc-ing debian-gtk-gnome due to the relevance for getting the GNOME1
png3->png2 rollback to happen]

Steve,

I just noticed the imlib+png packages being ACCEPTED. They appear to be a
step forward in preparing the rollback of the incomplete and problematic
GNOME1 png2->png3 transition.

I do have a question about these packages though: the -dev packages
explicitly require libpng2-dev, libjpeg62-dev, libtiff3g-dev, libungif4-dev
to be installed; conflict with libpng3-dev; and their /usr/bin/imlib-config
has "-ljpeg -ltiff -lungif -lpng" in its gx_libs.

With the "imlib" source package, the dependencies on the graphics libs -dev
packages and the explicit "-lgraphiclib"s in the -config script could be
dropped (see #151998). As far as I can tell [*] this should be possible for
imlib+png2 as well, or am I overlooking something?

If this is indeed possible, please change the packages accordingly, as it
then becomes possible to build gnome-libs (against libpng2) on a system that
has libpng3-dev installed.

Regards,
Ray

[*] I just verified that I could build gnome-libs against the imlib+png2
packages in a chroot which had libpng2-dev removed (--force-depends) and in
which I manually dropped the "-lpng" from imlib-config.
--
Don't think of yourself as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion.
	Dogbert