Re: GNOME 1 ABI involving libpng

<quote who="Christian Marillat">

> Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> >   (Sorry, but GNOME is currently a huge mess in Debian, between a haphazard
> >   upgrade of 2.x to libpng3, screwing up the ABI of 1.x via libpng3, and the
> >   zero-strategy migration to GNOME 2.x in unstable. I'm not used to this
> >   kind of blundering from Debian projects... This one seriously needs
> >   informed and cooperative leadership.)
>
> Only one word, bullshit. And please stop your troll in our list.

Sorry. It's not a troll - I'm genuinely surprised that there are so many
problems with GNOME that I don't see in other major software components in
Debian.

I want to see GNOME succeed in Debian, for obvious reasons (being the
release coordinator, and wishing my favourite distribution was the first to
have it easily installable).

- Jeff

--
      "Trying to get a PC to analyse one of the most abstract forms of
   language - the poem - is like trying to drill for oil with a banana."