Re: Sawfish Accessibility theme,

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 03:59:43AM +0100, Ian Norton wrote:
> particularly in how i can make a deb of my theme :-) (yes faqs manual etc blaa)

As a quickie solution, 'sawmilltodeb' in the theme-converters package
can turn a sawfish theme tarball into a .deb.  However, the package has
rotted some (Bug #126377, e.g.)  You could also unpack the tarball into
$PWD/usr/share/sawfish/1.2/themes, repack as a .tgz, then feed that to
alien.

Packaging a sawfish theme is pretty easy; however, the only ones in Sid
at the moment seem to be the ones in the sawfish package itself, so
there's no ideal example to go on; I packed yours at
http://devin.com/debian if you want a sample (not guaranteed to be
actually good or anything) of how to pack up a single theme.

This makes me wonder -- sawfish themes are usually just a chunk of rep
code and a bunch of PNGs, but aside from the ones in the sawfish package
there aren't any in Debian.  Would it be worthwhile to either roll up a
larger batch of them as sawfish-themes, or a set of sawfish-theme-*
packages, to broaden the aesthetic offering a little?  Most theme
packages could be autogenerated, or at least gotten most of the way
there.

--
Devin  \ aqua(at)devin.com, 1024D/E9ABFCD2;  http://www.devin.com
Carraway \ IRC: Requiem  GCS/CC/L s-:--- !a !tv C++++$ ULB+++$ O+@ P L+++