Re: Window Manager + Gnome2 Startup

Menaka Lashitha Bandara wrote:
Hi all.

Anyone aware of how to change window manager in Gnome2? I've been
brainracking myself for a while about this...

"killall metacity;sawfish&" is one way... and then I think you can use the session manager to make it use sawfish forever after that. But I don't really know, and wouldn't be surprised if there's a better way.

Another thing, after the whole gtk2.0/png3 saga, when the Gnome banner
appears (as G2 is starting), it dumps gnome-smproxy on the banner about
10 times... It didn't do that b4. ANy ideas?

Is this with a clean ~/.gnome2 or an old ~/.gnome2? If you try running gnome with a clean user, does it work ok?

Not that I know how to fix the problem either way...