Re: New gnome-libs package build against libpng3

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 05:18:27PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 13:19, rmurray@debian.org wrote:
>
> > Because I'm waiting for the gnome2 mess to settle somewhat.  I've also
> > not been impressed with security problems with the gnome2 releases thus
> > far, so I'm letting that development settle as well.
>
> Could you elaborate on this?  I haven't heard of security problems with
> GNOME 2.

See the GDM release announcements (should all be in the changelog).  At
least two of the gtk 2.x development line have been to fix security bugs
that didn't affect the gtk 1.x development line.

In any case, I think I will wait until the libpng changes are totally sorted
out (upstream accepting a versioned symbols patch?) before unleashing this
on unstable.  I might do an upload to experimental before then, however.

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)
The opinions expressed here are my own.