Re: New gnome-libs package build against libpng3

On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 01:54:31AM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> > Is anyone working on moving libgdk-pixbuf-gnome2? libgda0, libgda-common,
> > bonobo and libglade-gnome0 from png2 to png3?
>
> I think libglade-gnome0 need to be NMUed, no maintainer upload since
> november 2001 (I'll do that). Takuo is still alive for bonobo and Akira
> for libgda0 too. Ryan is more or less inactive for libgdk-pixbuf-gnome2
> I don't know if a NMU is needed.

No, I am not inactive.  Who came up with the bright idea to break binary
compatibility in gnome1, which breaks compatibility with other distros and
third party software?  Can someone give me a really _GOOD_ reason why I
want to do this?  For Gnome2, other distros and third party software can
use png3.  Leave gnome1 at png2.

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)
The opinions expressed here are my own.