Re: New gnome-libs package build against libpng3

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 15:10:23 +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> FYI I'll upload a new gnome-libs packages build against the latest
> gdk-imlib-dev 1.9.14-7

It looks like there are still a few other libraries that need to be moved to
png3: building gnumeric in an up to date sid pbuilder chroot, I'm still
faced with gdk-imlib1 1.9.14-6 which depends on libpng2 and which is needed
by libgdk-pixbuf-gnome2¸ libgda0, libgda-common, bonobo and libglade-gnome0.

Currently, the result is a gnumeric binary which is linked against both
libpng2 and libpng3 which is probably a recipe for disaster (while working
on the gnumeric 1.1.x package uploaded to experimental, for a while I had a
core-dumping binary that got loaded against both libgnutls4 and libgnutls5;
once everything had transitioned to libgnutls5, things worked fine).

Is anyone working on moving libgdk-pixbuf-gnome2¸ libgda0, libgda-common,
bonobo and libglade-gnome0 from png2 to png3?

Ray
--
FUD for dummies by example in 21 days Lesson 3: use braindead analogies.
"Open source raises various security issues. How many banks will tell you