Re: About workspaces "poll", Sawfish and libzvt.

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 01:44, Joseph Carter wrote:
[...]
> > If you want to use gnome2, then don't use the viewport hack.  Instead,
> > give yourself 1 viewport with multiple workspaces, and use the gnome2
> > workspace-switcher applet to arrange your workspaces in a grid.
>
> Why not do something more sane like hack the viewport functionality into
> the existing workspaces?  I know lisp isn't easy to work with, but it
> wasn't that hard to make a few changes of a similar nature.

I like the workspaces in gnome2, I've used those viewports in gnome1.4.
I've to admit that I never knew the difference between a workspace and
viewport and I'm quite happy there's just workspaces right now :)

The only difference with workspaces I see at the moment is that you
can't have a window overlapping from one workspace into another. Which
is no loss.

cu,
domi.

--