Re: help? :/

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 04:13, asd wrote:

> I'm just a normal user that did apt-get upgrade 2-3 days ago
> and all my gnome2 beautilful settings fell apart.

If you're not a Debian developer, or someone very interested in helping
out with Debian development and willing to track what's going on in
unstable, please don't run unstable.  Just install Debian woody, and use
the GNOME 2 backport for woody:

http://www.debianplanet.org/node.php?id=751

Also, if you want, you can selectively grab packages from unstable, by
putting this into /etc/apt/preferences:

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 50

And then add unstable to your sources.list.  Now you can install (say)
gramps by doing: apt-get install gramps/unstable

> Right now, when I try to dist-upgrade it wants to remove most of
> gnome2 packages and install libgtk2.0-0png3

Yes, it looks like things will be broken for some time in unstable.  Oh,
well.