Re: Gnome 2 summary 09/08/2002

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 19:55, Jack Howarth wrote:
> For local binaries, well they'll
> just have to deal with it and rebuild them.

This is absolutely unacceptable and unprofessional. I'm rather upset
that people are proposing to release a stable distribution that
blatantly breaks user's locally-compiled binaries. I don't think there
has ever been precedent for this, and it strikes me as being a
colossally terrible idea.

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

"This particular group of cats is mostly self-herding." -- Bdale Garbee