Re: G2D problem with window managers

<quote who="Sean Middleditch">

> VTE, OK.  Is there a way I can play with this in Debian yet, besides using
> CVS?  (/me hates installing things any way other than with dpkg - makes
> the file system messy).

Nup. You can use CVS without making your file system messy - use /usr/local
as it was meant to be used, or install to your home directory, and you can
use GNU stow for both as well to make it even easier.

Try jhbuild for sane CVS building with dependencies (ie. you can build
gnome-terminal and everything it needs, without building anything it
doesn't).

- Jeff

--
  "Ever since GNOME development began, I have urged people to aim to make
   it as good as the Macintosh.  To try to be like Windows is to try for