Re: G2D problem with window managers

<quote who="Joseph Carter">

> Man that will suck, given the small but important list of features Havoc
> _refuses_ to implement.
>
> Havoc is not writing a practical window manager, he's writing an
> ideologically pure one.

He's writing a window manager that doesn't have to be called a window manger
by new users.

> If I have to choose between Gnome and the ability to use my desktop, I
> will choose a usable desktop.  Given all of the hype about how accessable
> Gnome2 supposedly is, it's amazing how many features I _train other low
> vision users to use_ he simply doesn't like for some reason or another and
> therefore will not have in Metacity.

Last time you mentioned this, I couldn't find any related bugs in bugzilla -
should I have another look? If you put these in you will get a better
response (if you add the a11y keyword, and make sure Bill Haneman knows
about them, you will get an even better response - I've suggested you do
this before).

> Maybe it's just me, but I don't see much real interest in whether or not
> Gnome works with anything but Gnome, including former Gnome1.4 users.

We participate in freedesktop.org, and are always pushing for greater
operability. What you are seeing is not strategy, but bugs. Please lodge
these bugs in bugzilla so that developers can look into them. Talking about
them on IRC or debian-gtk-gnome does *not* result in fixes, because they are
not in the development memory of the developers (bugzilla).

- Jeff

--
      "Love never misses the chance to put the boot in." - Kelly, SLOU