Re: cvs Evolution Contacts in sid

On Sun, 2002-03-17 at 12:18, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> On Fre, 2002-03-15 at 19:14, Michael Hill wrote:

> > My system is largely Debian sid, with the exception of *most* of the
> > Evolution dependencies, which are generally everything available from
> > Ximian stable.  From time to time I get impatient with the frequency of
> > the Ximian packages and upgrade to the Debian unstable versions.
>
> What if you try with everything Debian?

Okay first, the addressbook problem seems to be Evolution's -- just this
week a few other people have reported the same symptoms on the Evolution
list.

I've succeeded in building the cvs packages (evo, gtkhtml, gal and
bonobo-conf) with everything else from Debian unstable.  The panel and
control center fail on startup like this:

** WARNING **: Could not get name service!

** ERROR **: file goad.c: line 1237 (goad_server_register): assertion
failed: (name_server != CORBA_OBJECT_NIL)
aborting...

[1]+  Aborted                 gnomecc

** WARNING **: Could not get name service!

** ERROR **: file goad.c: line 660 (real_goad_server_activate):
assertion failed: (name_service != CORBA_OBJECT_NIL)
aborting...

[1]+  Aborted                 panel

In addition, clicking a link in Evolution gives me the old "Cannot find
a schema for galeon preferences," which just doesn't happen with
Ximian's (admittedly ancient) galeon deb.

Thanks,

Mike