Re: Unstripped binaries/libraries

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:01:19 -0500
"Steve M. Robbins" <steven.robbins@videotron.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 11:12:55AM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think we can start to package unstripped binarie/libraries when
> > glib/gtk 2.0 will be installed in unstable.
> >
> > Somebody can comments the file below ?
[...]
> Then leave the report open!  After all, policy violation *is* a bug
> in the Debian sense.  Even if it is done for legitimate reasons.
and tag it 'wontfix' explaining why, this will avoid the same bug
to be reported twice, btw, I think Steve's wording is better... it
has a reasoning about why you should not fill a bug, which is good

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org> * <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>