Re: Evolution: Cannot send attachments

On Mar 19 14:39, Eduardo Díaz Uriarte wrote:
> I've got a problem with Evolution 1.0.2-1 (on woody).
>
> Whenever I try to attach a file to a message, evolution-mail crashes
> with this message:
>
> "The Evolution component that handles folders of type "Mail" has
> unexpectedly quit.  You will need to quit evolution and restart in order
> to access that data again."
>
> This is, in fact, really strange, because if I create another user on my
> system, and run evolution as the new user, there is no problem. But with
> my daily-work user, there is nothing to do.
>
> I don't know what must be this related to.
>
> BTW, and for more information, my ~/evolution folder is about 65MB. When
> I try to do this, the amount of CPU that the xfree uses rises to 95%  or
> so, and the amount of memory consumed by evolution-mail goes up to 15MB.
> My mailbox is really big, and I exported it from Kmail.
>
> Any hints?

Check out bugs.debian.org, bugzilla.ximian.com or bugzilla.gnome.org if you
can find a similar bug. If you find other people with similar problems its
always a plus (you know how I mean :).

Since it works if you create a new user, it really sounds like something is
wrong in your config or working files for evolution. Perhaps you should try
to remove unwanted pieces of it too see if you can fix it.

--
* John Ericson john@john.pp.se
* ICQ: 7325429 JID: high@jabber.org