Re: debugging symbols

<quote who="Colin Watson">

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 12:58:40AM +0900, Akira TAGOH wrote:
> > Basically all of binary files is stripped by dh_strip. it's
> > described on debian policy. the packages which I maintain
> > has -dbg package instead of. if need, you can use it.
>
> I'd have thought that that policy requirement could be waived in this
> case, especially if GNOME 2 isn't going to be in woody?

This was brought up in the release team meeting on Friday too; it's very
frustrating for us to be receiving totally useless bugs that are essentially
noise in the GNOME bug tracking system. It slows down our progress, and
hinders our triaging efforts.

Please, *please*, *please* build these packages with full debugging, or
we're going to have to ignore any bug reports from Debian users until G2D
comes out, which would be a hideous waste of resources.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
   "When there's public debate and mass hysteria, that's when the patches
                         roll in." - Michael Meeks