nautilus 1.0.3 and unstable

Hey,

I am running debian unstable and am having many problems with the
current packaging of Nautilus.  The package in unstable is quite old
compared to the available releases in Ximian GNOME (which I am currently
unable to run because I am using debian unstable).

Nautilus is not usable for me at home (while it is at work on my RedHat
machine) because the version packaged in debian crashes *very*
frequently, and is out of date.

The reason that I am sending this email is because Nautilus 1.0.3 is
slated to arrive relatively soon (Monday I believe) and an updated
package would be wonderful.  Does anyone know if the old maintainer is
still working on this?  I had assumed that he was not since the package
has not been updated in such a long time.  The 1.0.3 candidate builds
are already out for RedHat.

Anyway, if there is anything that I can do to help this effort, let me
know.  I have never created debian packages from scratch before, but I
would be willing to learn if it would help in updating the package that
is causing me the most problems.  I have already begun communications
with some of the Eazel folks about setting up nightly builds of Nautilus
for Debian.

Thanks, let me know,

Jon LaCour

Jonathan LaCour       | Software Developer   | Delta Chi at Georgia Tech
Home: 770.319.6388    | VertiSoft, Corp      | President - "A"
Cell: 678.428.8746    | Work: 770.640.5587   | president@gt.deltachi.net