Re: gnome/sawfish: windows only open on workspace #1

[...]

SMR> Thanks for the speedy response.  I'm sad to learn it is a bug.  From which
SMR> TODO were you quoting --- sawfish? some gnome library?

Sawfish.

SMR> What does the phrase "swapped-out window properties" mean?  Do you
SMR> mean "the properties belonging to a window whose process is swapped
SMR> out by the os"?  This doesn't agree with my experience.  I just
SMR> started a new session, opened a gnome-terminal in each workspace, and
SMR> quickly saved the session from the "settings" menu.  I am supposing
SMR> that I managed to do so before the gnome-terminal process got swapped
SMR> out.  When I logged in again, all the terminals showed up on workspace
SMR> 1 again.

This feature isn't managed by Sawfish but by the session manager from
Gnome. If you read your session file (~/.gnome/session) there is no option
to tell sawfish where to open a window.

Another problem, sawfish don't save the viewport/workspace when you do a
save position in a window.

But this is in the TODO list ;)

Christian