Re: Debian apps in GNOME menu

"Martin Bialasinski" <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de> writes:

> * "Chris" == Chris Waters <xtifr@dsp.net> wrote:

> Chris> The sensible thing here might be to exclude Gnomish apps from
> Chris> the Debian menus *only* for GNOME.  That's a little tricky too,
> Chris> as someone who is used to the Debian menus might be confused
> Chris> when some app isn't found where he expects it.  But I still
> Chris> think it's the best alternative to the current system.

> This is something I would be *really* annoyed with. IMHO, the
> consistency of the Debian menu has a greater value than the little
> dublication of entries.

Well, but the Debian menu's *aren't* completely consistent anyway.
The example of pdmenu may be a bit drastic and obvious, but in fact,
most (if not all) WMs seem to have their own little things they add to
the menus.

Of course, *removing* things from the menus is much different, and
probably far less desirable indeed.  (Although pdmenu does it.)

> Looks like the current system is the best compromise.

Or a user-configuration option (though that may be overkill).

I have no strong feelings one way or the other, just tossing out
ideas.  :-)

cheers