Re: gnome-apt prob/bug?

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Timshel Knoll wrote:

> To make the problem even stranger, when I click the 'Cancel'
> button on the download status dialog, the download process is
> cancelled and all packages which have been d/l'd are correctly
> installed with dpkg!!!
>
> I suspect a config file problem, but I've purged/installed gnome-apt
> about 3 times, to no avail.
>
> Any solutions, should I file a bug report?

Thanks for the report - I've already fixed this in CVS. The next release
of gnome-apt should work.

The problem is that libapt-pkg changed underneath gnome-apt, so the
download function now returns Continue/Cancel/Failed instead of just
true/false. So gnome-apt was interpreting Continue as false for failure
and Cancel as true for success, and obviously that's all kinds of broken.
:-)

Please watch for a new release and give it a try when it appears.

Thanks,
Havoc