gnome-apt prob/bug?

Hi

Sorry if this message is to the wrong list, or if this
has been answered ...

I don't know whether to post this as a bug report or not, but
my copy of gnome-apt seems to have a bug ...
After downloading packages correctly, gnome-apt doesn't start
dpkg to install the packages as it should. It just returns to
its original state without installing the new packages. My solution
has been to close gnome-apt and manually install packages with
apt-get, but this is an unsatisfactory solution.

To make the problem even stranger, when I click the 'Cancel'
button on the download status dialog, the download process is
cancelled and all packages which have been d/l'd are correctly
installed with dpkg!!!

I suspect a config file problem, but I've purged/installed gnome-apt
about 3 times, to no avail.

Any solutions, should I file a bug report?

Thanks,

Timshel
--
Timshel Knoll <tiknoll@cs.rmit.edu.au>