Re: A new address of an APT source registered

* "WA" == Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:

WA> Previously Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>> OK, what do Gnome people think of it? Please Cc: me, I'm not on
>> your list.

WA> If they are reading this anyway.. :)

I think he was refering to debian-gtk-gnome, no?

WA> Miguel de Icaza is bitching at me that Debian is not updating the
WA> packages for slink with the new stable releases. Apparently he is
WA> getting complaints about that occasionally and he would really
WA> like to see the Debian packages being updated as well.

Due to some bug in orbit or such, GNOME in unstable only works after
workaround. And this is not a state I like to see on packages directed
for stable. I think it would justify a release critical bug if there
is none yet.

The 1.0.x set available for slink _is_ actually working. And I feel
reluctant to change anything that might negatively affect this.

I rather see this GNOME update like the regular stable tree -> be
conservative on updates. Maybe someone else has a different view on
this and is willing to uploaad and test new versions.

Ciao,
	Martin