Re: RFS: golang-github-go-git-go-git [RC] & dependencies

tor 2024-03-28 klockan 07:29 +0800 skrev Maytham Alsudany:
> Hi Simon,
>
> On Wed, 2024-03-27 at 17:14 +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> > I wonder if the sha1cd test data is copyrighted and licensed as per
> > upstream's claims, but I have no fact to speak against the claim
> > either
> > so I will merely make this comment about it.
>
> Your concerns are valid, so I've done some digging and found that
> shattered-1.pdf and shattered-
> 2.pdf come from https://shattered.io, and sha-mbles-1.bin and sha-
> mbles-2.bin come from
> https://github.com/SHA-mbles/SHA-mbles.github.io
>
> I've confirmed that the sha-mbles files are licensed under Expat (and
> will add that to d/copyright),
> but I cannot find a license nor copyright for shattered, nor any
> contact information. Should I
> repack sha1cd to remove the shattered files?

I would reach out to the shattered team and ask them for a license for
the PDF files, and suggest that if they use public domain then anyone
can use them at will.

> > I only took a look at the first package below, but the added
> > dependencies made it too complicated for me to build right now.
> > Maybe
> > more later...
>
> You'll probably want to look at and build go-billy and go-git-
> fixtures first.

Alas salsa had runner issues yesterday so I wasn't able to build and
test all reverse dependencies with the new versions, and my
availability next 10 days will be stochastic...  so if someone else
wants to take over, please do.

/Simon