Request removal of cadvisor? (was: Re: golang-opentelemetry-contrib-dev: Upload to unstable)

(Dropping cc to #1059573...)

Maytham Alsudany <maytha8thedev@gmail.com> writes:

>> https://salsa.debian.org/jas/golang-opentelemetry-otel/-/pipelines/629791
>>
>> I think this really indicate FTBFS bugs in cadvisor, crowdsec, and
>> gitlab-ci-multi-runner?  Rebuilding packages in sid should work.
>
> I'll open bugs and try fix them when time permits.

Cadvisor needs work to make it work:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/cadvisor

FTBFS already open:

According to

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1027994#10
https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/cadvisor/activity

there is little activity for this package.

Shengjing Zhu, what do you think, can we request removal of this package
from unstable?

The git repository will remain so it is easy to resume work on it
if/when there is interest again.

DAK is okay with removal:

jas@coccia:~$ dak rm -Rn -b cadvisor
Will remove the following packages from unstable:

  cadvisor | 0.38.7+ds1-2+b7 | amd64, arm64, armel, armhf, i386, mips64el, ppc64el, s390x

Maintainer: Debian Go Packaging Team <team+pkg-go@tracker.debian.org>

Checking reverse dependencies...
No dependency problem found.

jas@coccia:~$