Re: golang-github-go-redis-redis to v9?

Hi Simon,

  I had done some work updating this package to v8, which I pushed to
the salsa repo. I, too, was interested in a newer version, since
packaging golang-github-grafana-dskit requires v8 of that library.

  However, I haven't uploaded it to unstable because bug #985011 still
needs to be fixed, and the seven reverse build dependencies (below)
identified via `build-rdeps` in sid will need updating/patching.
Overall not too large of a list of packages to review, but still
something that I hadn't done yet.

  My interest in updating this library was driven by the need to
package golang-github-grafana-dskit, required by Incus. But it's used
in only one spot by Incus, so I patched out its use and upstream has
since removed that dependency. So, it's no longer on my critical path.
Feel free to take anything that I did that you found useful in your
work!

  I'll defer to other opinions to whether or not a new v9 package
should be created, or the existing one updated.

Mathias

---

$ build-rdeps golang-github-go-redis-redis-dev
Reverse Build-depends in unstable/main:

go-cve-dictionary
go-exploitdb
golang-github-throttled-throttled
golang-github-ulule-limiter
gost
goval-dictionary
vuls

Found a total of 7 reverse build-depend(s) for golang-github-go-redis-redis-dev.