Re: RFS: golang-github-ozeidan-fuzzy-patricia/3.0.0-1

On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 01:29:01PM +0530, weepingclown wrote:
> Thank you for the review. I have made the changes you suggested and pushed them. Please tell me if there are more changes I need to make.

Sorry for not having checked this earlier, but it seems that the package
in the question is actually a fork of an already existing package
"golang-github-tchap-go-patricia-dev" in debian.

Packaging forks is something that we tend to avoid as such.

* Is this fork API-incompatible with the already existing one?
* Does lazygit build with the already existing package? Can we replace
  the this fork with the original package upstream?
* It maybe sensible to ask ozeidan to actually upstream their changes
  instead of a fork.

If this fork is actually API incompatible and it blocks your work, I'll
upload this otherwise I'd prefer to replace this with tchap-go or get
the commits upstreamed there.

Best,