Re: Help fixing gobgp FTBFS

On Sat, 2022-12-31 at 22:42 +0000, Mathias Gibbens wrote:
>   I'll upload another version of LXD so it also builds with the
> correct protobuf library version.

  Pulling on this thread, I found I had to (locally) modify eight other
golang library packages to have a Depends: line like the following in
order to get LXD to build with the 1.5.2 protobuf library:

> Depends: golang-github-golang-protobuf-1-3-dev | golang-github-golang-protobuf-1-5-dev

  The packages' Build-Depends were unchanged and still use the 1.3.5
protobuf library when building the package.

  Is this a safe/sane change to make? The packages I modified are
listed below, and only produce *-dev binary packages:

  * golang-github-golang-groupcache
  * golang-github-prometheus-client-golang
  * golang-github-prometheus-client-model
  * golang-github-prometheus-common
  * golang-google-appengine
  * golang-google-cloud