Re: Help fixing gobgp FTBFS

On Thu, 2022-12-15 at 03:13 +0000, Mathias Gibbens wrote:
> On Thu, 2022-12-15 at 10:23 +0800, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 15, 2022 at 01:52:32AM +0000, Mathias Gibbens wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > >   Something related to protobuf has shifted in unstable, which is
> > > now causing gobgp to FTBFS. I've tried to figure out the correct
> > > way to fix it, but haven't been able to, so I'm asking the team
> > > for
> > > guidance.
> > >

> > It's because the new version of libprotobuf-dev.
> >
> > You can take the same patch in
> > https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/notary/-/commit/b0a072faa72857f7523c8245ecaa8814d5a60051
> >
> > A better way is to bump gobgp to a new version, which uses
> > google.golang.org/protobuf.
> >
> > https://github.com/osrg/gobgp/commit/c593d7c8b374ef2aed1752f7c69217ec3a6bccbb
> >

>   Oh, if the appropriate dependencies are now all available in
> unstable I'll just update to the latest release! I had staged version
> 3.1.0 in experimental because (at least at the time) not all the
> necessary dependencies were in unstable.

  Well, versions 3.x of gobgp still need the newer version of golang-
google-grpc that's stuck in experimental; there's also the transition
issue of golang-github-golang-protobuf-1-5-dev vs golang-github-golang-
protobuf-1-3-dev conflicting in the dependency tree.

  I'll focus on getting the version in unstable to build again, so it's
not tagged for an autorm.

Mathias