Re: Transitioning golang-goprotobuf to unstable?

Hi,

Am 31.01.22 um 00:26 schrieb Shengjing Zhu:
Nilesh Patra <nilesh@debian.org> 于 2022年1月31日周一 04:10写道:

Hi,

Recently caddy was accepted into the archive, and in order for this to hit
unstable, it needs the golang-goprotobuf package's version 1.4.3-1 which is
not yet there in unstable.

I just checked upstream go.mod file. It doesn't mention
github.com/google/protobuf at all.
https://github.com/caddyserver/caddy/blob/master/go.mod

Yes, it is not a direct dependency, Caddy requires
1. golang-github-google-cel-go-dev, which requires
2. golang-github-google-cel-spec-dev, which requires
3. golang-goprotobuf-dev (>= 1.4.3~)

(Hope i got this right 😵‍💫)

I am aware the protobuf and friends golang packages (golang-goprotobuf,
golang-gogoprotobuf et. al.)
have drastic changes with even minor versions, and it is not very
straightforward to migrate these,
and hence I am unsure of what might be the best way to accomplish this.

And hence, if someone knows the right way to do this, I'd really
appreciate those hints.
I volunteer to help out with these transitions if someone might wish to
initiate this.

Please do let me know.

Regards,