Re: seeking RFS for golang-github-la5nta-wl2k-go v0.8.0-1

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 11:26:37PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> On 12/29/21 11:19 PM, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > .... so on
> >
> > It does not match the tar 0.8.0 provided by upstream. You can compare the lines if you want. As an example, see here[1] and here[2]
> >
> > [1]: https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-la5nta-wl2k-go/-/blob/debian/sid/transport/ardop/ardop.go#L101
> > [2]: https://github.com/la5nta/wl2k-go/blob/v0.8.0/transport/ardop/ardop.go#L101
>
> I passed the link[1] wrong in earlier email, fixed above^^

Appreciated the detailed build steps, which helped me reproduce the problem
(though I'm still discerning why `gbp buildpackage' did not report the error).

While my intent was initially to just package wl2k v0.8.0, something must have
gone off and it appears I had been working with wl2k v0.9.0.

Initially trying just updating d/changelog to v0.9.0 allowed things to work in
my local environment (origtargz, sbuild).  However, salsa CI was unhappy.  I
tried undoing the initial simple edit, and running `gbp import --uscan', which
again builds ok in my local environment and now includes some git upstream/
branch changes... Unfortunately salsa CI is still unhappy.

Not sure if the package can continue into unstable, or if this is a block.
I'll continue investigating in the meantime, and welcome constructive
feedback.

regards,
donfede