Re: [RFS] golang-github-antlr-antlr4

On 7/28/21 1:57 PM, Peymaneh Nejad wrote:
> Hi
>
>>> There is already an antlr4 in the archive[1]
>>> IMHO, these bindings should be built in the same source itself as a separate binary package
>>>
>>> I think packaging it separately goes orthogonal to the effort if the maintainer decides to package the bindings someday
>>> If the maintainer agrees that bindings should be separate source package, your method would be fine.
>>>
>>> But I think contacting the maintainer first should be the bare minimum requirement here.
>>> I think just send in a mail to the -java mailing list
>>> and CC the maintainer to ask for opinions
>
> It's maintainer would like to keep the sources seperate:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2021/07/msg00014.html

Hmm, there's been discussion about including it in the original source too which is opposite to what ebourg says,
but I think we'll go with what ebourg suggests.

In the source, IMO .appveyor, .github, .travis, .gitignore pom.xml .... et al files are also pretty much useless for go package, atleast for us as downstream - can you filter these too?

Also, just like there is separate "zip" files available for C++, python and JS runtime w/o the entire source as can be seen here[1] -- and the corresponding d/watch
files in these would also point to there.
Do they offer similar sources for golang as well? If so, you could simply fetch from that source

On a quick reading, I did not find anything similar for Golang though

[1]: https://www.antlr.org/download.html