Re: [RFS] golang-github-antlr-antlr4

Am 26.07.21 um 23:05 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
On 7/27/21 1:07 AM, Peymaneh Nejad wrote:

Another indirect dependency of caddy:
https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-antlr-antlr4

The go module that is actually packaged here is github.com/antlr/antlr4/runtime/Go/antlr
gbp.conf is filtering out _a lot_ of the original repo to avoid duplicate source code.

There is already an antlr4 in the archive[1]
IMHO, these bindings should be built in the same source itself as a separate binary package

I think packaging it separately goes orthogonal to the effort if the maintainer decides to package the bindings someday
If the maintainer agrees that bindings should be separate source package, your method would be fine.

But I think contacting the maintainer first should be the bare minimum requirement here.
I think just send in a mail to the -java mailing list
and CC the maintainer to ask for opinions

yes, that makes sense.
I somehow assumed that because the python and c++ runtime are packaged seperately, I should do the same, but you are right asking the maintainer is definitely the minimum here

Peymaneh