Re: Errors Packaging Nebula

On 19 July 2021 4:54:17 pm IST, Alex David <flu0r1ne@flu0r1ne.net> wrote:
> > On 7/18/21 12:26 PM, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > @Alex, I uploaded nebula to NEW in the current state.
>
>Great. I'll look for it. How long will it stay in experimental?

It first needs to be accepted by FTP masters. Post that, as this has a hard version dependency on version of protobuf in experimental, protobuf needs to migrate first.

That'll be a full transition where the maintainer might need to rebuild all the deps and then push golang-protobuf to unstable.

This will I think take quite a while -- and it'll be done only after bullseye is out, so my guess is atleast a few months.

But the primary step is FTP masters accepting these packages, which might as well take a time.

And when that happens, I'll upload nebula and the nbrownus dep to unstable (this will take just a matter of few minutes)

>> Thanks a lot for all your contributions, I hope you will stay and
>bring in more packages going forward! :)
>
>I'll hang around and consider introducing new packages if I bump into
>them.

Happy to hear this! :-)