Re: Errors Packaging Nebula

Hi Alex,

On 18 July 2021 4:10:24 pm IST, Alex David <flu0r1ne@flu0r1ne.net> wrote:
>Hi Nilesh,
>
> > On 7/18/21 5:09 AM, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > Thanks, I uploaded this.
>
>Great.
>
> > I was going to upload nebula too, but it seems that the "templated"
>systemd service file is being installed in lib/ -- is that really
>intended?
>

>Interesting. I think packages are supposed to install into
>/usr/lib/systemd/system so that the unit can be overridden by the user
>in /etc/systemd/system.
>

>I didn't explicitly choose that install location -- I let dh use the
>default location.

Yeah, dh-installsystemd did this here

> lib is a soft link to usr/lib anyway so it shouldn't
>matter. From what I've read, older versions of Debian search both
>/usr/lib/systemd/system and /lib/systemd/system for package-installed
>systemd units. But, that's pre /usr merge.

That is true, however if you might notice, there's a sort of longish debate going on in -devel mailing list about the same (usrmerge) so maybe there's a possibility of some modifications there.

I'd want to avoid installing a service file that isn't really intended. It might not be harmful, but it doesn't do anything useful either.

> > I personally do not feel very happy about this though.
>
>Let me know if there is anything more I can do. I appreciate the
>reviews. : )

Can this instead be installed in as an example? And you could just point this out in nebula.yml (5)
What do you think?