Re: Outdated package: golang-github-klauspost-cpuid-dev

Hi,

Am 30.06.21 um 22:30 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
On 7/1/21 1:55 AM, Peymaneh Nejad wrote:
Packaging github.com/caddyserver/certmagic is currently blocked by golang-github-klauspost-cpuid-dev being outdated.

Since an update to v2.0.6 would be a major version change, Nilesh proposed to upload an updated package to a debian/experimental branch and package certmagic for experimental also. I have asked the maintainers[1] about this but no answer since 2 weeks. I am not sure if it would be okay to just proceed with this proposal?

Just reply on the bug once as a reminder, with a hint that we'll proceed with the scheme in another couple of days

I have pushed my changes to debian/experimental:
https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-klauspost-cpuid/-/tree/debian/experimental/

The new version introduces a binary that I have omitted from the build, because caddyserver/certmagic does not require the binary and I assume a split into prog+lib would better be done by its maintainer. Is that alright?

Peymaneh