Re: [RFS] golang-mozilla-pkcs7

Am 02.07.21 um 14:51 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
On 02/07/21 12:04 PM, Peymaneh Nejad wrote:

Another dependency for step-cli:

https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-mozilla-pkcs7

There's already github.com/fullsailor/pkcs7 of which the go.mozilla
package is a fork.
Is it impossible to replace the go.mozilla pkcs7 with the former in the
package?

If yes, that should be done. I do not see a lot of point (or any point) in packaging
forks unless very essential.
As an example, it has been done here[1] so if you can do
so, make some tweaks and check, that'd be good.

If it does not work, maybe it'd be better to add missing
functionalitites as a debian patch to  github.com/fullsailor/pkcs7
provided it isn't too hard to maintain

Alright, gonna look into that :)

I'd be motivated to upload golang-mozilla-pkcs7 only if we completely
run out of options

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-containers-ocicrypt/-/blob/debian/sid/debian/patches/fullsailor-pkcs7.patch