Re: [RFS] golang-github-rsc-letsencrypt

On Saturday, 28 March 2020 1:52:55 AM AEDT Nilesh Patra wrote:
> Currently golang-github-rsc-letsencrypt FTBFS. I have fixed it, and build +
> Autopkgtests pass.
>
> It has no reverse-depends and has 2 reverse-build-depends:
>
> Reverse-Build-Depends
> =====================
> * docker-registry
> * docker.io

Neither of those packages depend on "golang-github-rsc-letsencrypt".

> I have pushed my changes to the team-repo here [1]
> Needs review and sponsorship.
>
> [1]:
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-rsc-letsencrypt

Thanks. However this package is obsolete since upstream repository is
archived.
I think uploading latest "release" is incorrect as it removes the code
rendering even outdated package completely useless.

Instead of uploading we should chase remaining depending packages (if any)
and request removal of "golang-github-rsc-letsencrypt".

--
Regards,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

Platitude: an idea (a) that is admitted to be true by everyone, and (b)
that is not true.
        -- H. L. Mencken