Re: Taking over an abandoned package

On Wednesday, 11 March 2020 1:43:02 PM AEDT Tong Sun wrote:
> Is it appropriate for me to rename the
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-vbom-util to
> something, create a brand new dep14 based one, while keeping all Mr.
> Arnaud Rebillout's previous valuable commits?
>
> I.e. keep the following three from
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-vbom-util/-/commits/master
>
> The reason I ask is that, this is the only/easiest way I know.

Why can't you work within the existing repository?

I'm not sure if that's result of your work but now changes to packaging are
difficult to inspect online because packaging commits are blended with
upstream commits (which is quite inconvenient):

  https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-vbom-util/-/commits/debian/sid

--
Regards,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

A Sunday school is a prison in which children do penance for the evil
conscience of their parents.
        -- H. L. Mencken