Re: Basics of packaging with the new workflow

Stephen,

On 08/03/2020 00:43, Stephen Gelman wrote:

> One small point about not using pristine-tar:  today I tried to upload backports of a number of packages packaged with the new workflow.  All of the uploads got rejected because of a mismatched tarball.  The fix was pretty easy - just grab the orig from the archives and rebuild, but it was definitely an added hassle that wasn’t a problem when using pristine-tar.  Not really complaining, just wanted to add another datapoint. :)

This is normal when switching from pristine-tar to no-pristine-tar
without a new upstream release: the way the tarballs are generated is
not compatible and you need to get the original tarball from the
archive. After switching, this has never been an issue for me.