Re: Basics of packaging with the new workflow

On 3/2/20 11:46 AM, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 12:06 PM Arnaud Rebillout
<arnaud.rebillout@collabora.com> wrote:
[...]
automatically, which is nice, except for one thing: you have to *undo*
it all when you realize that you need to keep/remove things in the
vendor directory (by setting the field Files-Excluded in d/copyright).
Only comment on this part. You don't need to undo anything.
You only need to delete the upstream/* tag, then just import again.
It's git, gbp will add a diff commit on top of the old(in this case,
same old upstream version) version.

Thanks for the comment, I'll give it a try next time :)

This being said, when in the end I push my work to Salsa, I don't want to push my trials and errors, so at this point I will have a bit more work to do. But if I can manage to do it only once before pushing, it's OK, I can't complain.