Re: RFS: golang-github-certifi-gocertifi

On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 12:56 PM Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

On 12/27/18 10:26 PM, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've prepared the Debian package of "*golang-github-certifi-gocertifi*". The package was
> tested on sbuild and was successfully built. It is also lintian-clean. I've
> uploaded the package to the salsa repo which may be found at:
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-certifi-gocertifi
>
> It is a dependency of gitlab-workhorse and hence were to be packaged.
>
> Please consider to review and upload it.

I think we don't need this package in debian as we already have a CA
bundle which we can use.

Is there no other need of this package?
Moreover, this package is useful for systems that do not have CA bundles that Golang can find itself.

We should patch gitlab-workhorse to use /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

I'd like to hear from others in the team if this is the best way.