unicode 13 in bullseye

Hey there, glibc maintainers! I recently filed bug #977691
regarding Unicode 13 in Debian Bullseye's glibc:

I hadn't heard back, so I wanted to ask here, since the Bullseye
freeze is coming so soon.

 * Do you intend to ship glibc 2.32+ in Bullseye?
 * If not, ought I prepare a patch to backport the Unicode 13
   support, or is it unlikely that such a patch would be
   accepted?

I believe the Unicode changes to be relatively self-contained,
though I admittedly haven't yet prepared the patch. It would be
wonderful if Bullseye had proper Unicode 13 support; right now
wcwidth() and friends return errors for many Unicode 13
characters.

--
nick black -=- https://www.nick-black.com
to make an apple pie from scratch,