client/server tcp - write to socket doesnt do it

Hi,
first i dont know if i write to right list-if not i am sorry.

I have open an tcp connection and writing some bytes to that
socket(with write function) doesnt send this bytes to a network.
I find this problem when i was trying some tool. On stable(glibc
2.3.2) debian it works, on unstable with 2.6.14 kernel and glibc
2.3.5 it doesnt.  I would like to run owamp tool
(http://e2epi.internet2.edu/owamp/)-may sb. try to run this on
his unstable debian?(in source code u may find sending in
I2Util/I2Util/io.c)

Does sb encountered this problem with write?

thanks
jirka