[GLIBC] glibc updates

Hi !!

I'm actually using Zope on a Debian "Potato" GNU/Linux system, upgraded
with a Linux-2.4.10 kernel (and associated required packages) but still
using glibc-2.1.3.
I have to bypass the Python/Zope file size limitation of 2 GB, and it
seems that this involves a new glibc (2.2 or higher).
So my questions are :
 - can I use libc6 binary packages provided with "testing" distribution,
without broking dependancies or making old packages not running anymore
?
 - do I have to recompile libc6 from source (which seems to be a huge
work... :-(( ) ??
 - do I have to make my APT "sources.list" file pointing to "testing"
distribution to be able to upgrade my system completely (but this is a
production system and I want to keep "as stable as possible") ??
 - is there a more simple solution, just looking "on the Python side" ??

Please be kind to answer me directly, because I didn't subscribe to this
list...

Thank you for any help,

  Thierry
--
  Les LOGICIELS LIBRES ??   Y'a moins bien, mais c'est plus cher !!
  http://gpc.sourceforge.net