glibc version 2.1 + for JDK 1.2.2 support?

Hi there, I am trying to install  Java Development Kit 1.2.2 on A Debian
Linux setup (Corel Linux in fact which I am just testing out.  The glibc
version I have is 2.0.7 and that seems to be the latest available at the
Debian .deb packages download site.  It seems that the Linux base for JDK
1.2.2 needs glibc version 2.1 or later.  Is this available anywhere?

Any help appreciated.  Austin Tate, Edinburgh