tzselect missing

Dear Joel Klecker,

I noticed that in the latest version of the libc6 package (version
2.1.2-11), the script tzselect (/usr/bin/tzselect) has been removed.
As far as I can determine, it had been in libc6, and I believe it was still
present in the previous version (it was still present before Christmas).

The reason I ask is that we have found tzselect useful for constructing an
international clock (tzwatch in the package twclock).  tzselect provides a
convenient means of selecting the timezones used by our clock.

Could you therefore kindly explain where tzselect has disappeared to or why it
was removed from libc6 or anything else I ought to know about tzselect?  Is
there another program which provides the same functionality as tzselect for
choosing a timezone?  tzconfig does so internally, but only for changing
/etc/timezone.

I figured the removal of tzselect was not a "bug", so I didn't made a bug
report.  I'm looking forward to hearing your comments about it.

Yours sincerely,

Drew Parsons