Fwd: "getopt.h" no longer part of <stdlib.h>

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:16:42 -0700
From: Brent Fulgham <bfulgham@xpsystems.com>
To: debian-glibc@lists.debian.org
Subject: "getopt.h" no longer part of <stdlib.h>

Please CC all replies to me -- I am not subscribed to debian-glibc.

One of the packages I maintain uses the tried-and-true getopt function
from the C library.  The standard System V semantic is that get getopt
function is included when you include <stdlib.h>.

It seems (at least with 2.1.2-0pre10) that you have to explicitly
include "getopt.h".  Is this consistent with how glibc is now doing
things, or is this a bug?

If it's the new standard, I have to add some #ifdef checks in
the source to include "getopt.h" for 2.1.2 series libraries.

Thanks,

-Brent